Sunday, December 12, 2010

Paris Baubles

Printemps Store in Paris
(Stated on the window)

A visitor from Recollections of a Vagabonde told me my banner photo is possibly from Printemps Department Store in Paris. The shot above is from the sidewalk outside the store & just today I noticed the name of the store is on the window: Printemps!

I have been meaning to take photos from around our town but for some silly reason I haven't gotten out at dusk to take photos. Hopefully tomorrow. The courthouse is decorated with white lights and the light poles, tree and gazebo have colored lights. Then there is another lovely gazebo at someone's home that is brightly decorated and looks like it belongs in fairy land. Well, maybe not REALLY, but it DOES look magical.

Even though I am not particularly religious nor do I like the commercial aspect of this time of year, I do love the celebration and camaraderie that takes place. I love the lights and the festivities. After 60+ years I of trying not to insert myself into familial situations where I am uncomfortable, the G-man and I (who are like-minded) take off during this time of year and enjoy just being together. After-all I believe the closeness and love between people is the essence of the season. Our little family leaves for west Texas just before Christmas and return just after.

I hope each of you have the experience that you most enjoy during this season, that it is relatively stress free, and most of all filled with love.

5 comments:

R. Burnett Baker said...

I had to smile at your post. In the early 80's, while doing TV and radio voiceovers in Singapore, I did a radio commercial for Printemps department store there. It was one of the few they let me do with an American accent. (British background in Singapore, you know).

I still have a cassette of those commercials somewhere. I should have it burned to a CD....

I hope you and the GMan have a happy and peaceful Christmas!

Rick

HKatz said...

I hope you have a happy and safe holiday season. The photos glow beautifully.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I agree, I like a low key Christmas that avoids the mass commercialism and over indulgence, hope you have a wonderful time

K. said...

I've been trying to explain West Texas to Premium T. for six years. Have a great holiday!

Angela said...

My husband and I will also be alone this Christmas - first time after long years with children. They have their own families now and we just telephone and exchange gifts, and can simply enjoy our being together. Lovely! We are prepared to finish a whole goose with red cabbage and croquettes, and rum pot on ice-cream afterwards, wine not to forget. It will be a most marvellous Christmas in the snow (we already have lots). You have fun, too!