Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year ~ 2011

Counting down to the new year ~ 2011

Reya recently asked the question: "Do you make new year's resolutions?" and today there was an article by the editor of our local paper titled: "End of year resolutions?". It seems that our editor makes a resolution or two and by the end of that year she is still wanting to make the same resolution for the next year. She may want to be a better person, dress prettier, and have a softer laugh. In fact she feels more comfortable in jeans & tennies, snorts when she laughs, & wonders if her dog even cares if she is a better human. It was a cute article.

As I thought about resolutions I realized that I think about making one or more resolutions. My thoughts of resolutions generally revolve around losing 5 to 10 pounds, get more exercise & try to keep myself & the G-man healthy. In fact, I just tend to be thankful that I've made it to the beginning of a new year & my intentions are to make the new year a good one. I suppose the question is how do I make the new year good?

The old saying is resolutions are meant to be broken; so if that is the case, why bother? I say be thankful for who we are and if we feel compelled to make 1 or 2 or more new years resolutions then make them achievable.
We shouldn't set ourselves up to fail. Think outwardly as well as inwardly. Think about making our planet a better place and think about making healthy decisions. Be positive, be hopeful, be thankful.

The following Irish blessing I wish upon each of you:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
~ an Irish blessing

Happy New Year from me & my family to you & yours.

5 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I resolve to live consciously. happy new year cheryl.

Seeker said...

Happy New Year!!!!!!

xoxo

tony said...

my best wishes to Your & Yours in 2011.Best Wishes
Tony.

Tess Kincaid said...

Warm and woolly wishes for 2011, to you and yours, Cheryl! xx

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Happy New year Lizzy!
<><