Sunday, December 26, 2010

Preview of West Texas Trip

Day One
Marathon, Texas


Day Two
Driving through the southeastern part
of Big Bend National Park


Day Three
The Basin & southwestern part
of the park


We should be home tomorrow and I shall post
more photos of our trip.
It has been delightful.
We think Gertie knows we are on the way
home because she has a definite
new spring in her step!
She has wondered what the hell
we've been doing bouncing over miles
of dirt roads.

5 comments:

Val said...

what beautiful scenics; when are the blue bonnets out? i cant remember but we went to Big Bend once and it was then. travel safe

ellen abbott said...

'big sigh' I miss it.

Cheryl Cato said...

Ellen... it is still beautiful although smog from east Texas (Houston area) has crept in and lowered the visibility similar to what has happened in the Grand Canyon. It is such a shame... but still it was wonderful being there.

Cheryl Cato said...

Val, I hope to show more scenes this week. The blue bonnets come out in the spring... here it can be April or May but not certain when in Big Bend. I'm glad you had the opportunity to see them in bloom.

karen said...

This is beautiful looking!! Love those open spaces. Wishing you a belated Happy Christmas...

Interesting to see that your Parisian baubles come from Printemps store - brought back memories of a teenage visit to Paris in the eighties! No baubles when we visited though :)