Monday, October 17, 2011

Cowboy Gathering

Outside Mineral Wells, Texas the G-man & I
came upon these trail riders.
They are on their way to Fort Worth
to the stockyards for the 
Visit this link.


There were about 50 wagons in the ride
and individuals on horseback as well.

It is a perfect day for a ride.
This group will arrive in Fort Worth
on Friday, October 21 for the gathering.


I'm not sure which would be more fun to do;
go to the gathering
or
be on the trail ride.

Now me, I'm thinking Trail Ride!


Join us in the Fort Worth Stockyards, National Historic District to celebrate the 21st edition of this premiere celebration of the West. Voted 'Best Gathering and Best Family Event by the readers of American Cowboy Magazine

This year's musical lineup includes:
RED STEAGALL    •    DON EDWARDS
DAN ROBERTS    •    JEAN PRESCOTT
THE QUEBE SISTERS BAND
THE BURSON FAMILY 

The Texas flag is proudly displayed.


Cowboy Poetry by:
CHRIS ISAACSYVONNE HOLLENBECK
JAY SNIDER    •    OSCAR AUKER
RED STEAGALL


Relaxed!
And these great events during the weekend:
Trail Ride from Fort Richardson, Exciting Ranch Rodeo Action,
Chuck Wagon Camp and Competition, Horsemanship Clinics, Trappings Show,
Cowboy Poetry and Cowboy Music, Ranch Cutting Horse Assn. Rodeo Finals,
Youth Poetry Contest, Youth Fiddle Contest, Youth Chuck Wagon Cook-off


Interesting markings on the mule... I love the hat the rider is wearing.

12 comments:

R. Burnett Baker said...

Neat! Trail ride for sure. And I want the red wagon in the fourth photo!

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

looking at the pictures making me feel like taking the first flight tomorrow. thanks for sharing...

JJRod'z

Dave King said...

It would be great to be there... alas, no can do!

steven said...

yeeha!! i wonder what the wagon-pulling horses feel as their brothers and sisters gallop past on the verge? steven

Cheryl Cato said...

Rick, I have to laugh! The red wagon in the fourth photo is the Jailhouse Wagon!

Cheryl Cato said...

JJ, come on down. It will be a lovely autumn weekend in Fort Worth.

Cheryl Cato said...

Dave, You would probably get a kick out of this place, but it is quite a hop over the big pond.

Steven, I suppose the horses & mules pulling the wagons are trained for this & don't give it a second thought; but if they ever had the experience of wandering along the roadside, seemingly free, they might just rebel.

karen said...

This looks amazing!!! wow.. I cannot imagine wanting to do anything other than that trail ride...

Val said...

oh i love the whole cowboy thang so i would definitely be on the trail ride! an appaloosa mule??? all sounds like lots of fun - you going?

Cheryl Cato said...

Val, I would like to go, but think I'll be staying home for now. Love that mule!

Kerry said...

This looks like sooooo much fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Frizzy Lizzy! Sorry I've been away so long, but while perusing my favorite blogs I just had to stop by and see your beautiful photos. Why oh why have I stayed away so long?

I, myself, haven't done much writing lately, so busy with work and life, but I need to keep reminding myself I need to make time to write more often, and keep more in touch with my blog pals. I read another post of yours where you met one of your blog pals in person. A couple weeks ago I got to meet one of my blog pals in person too! It was such a great experience!

Chat soon!