Friday, October 28, 2011

Meeting a Blogger Friend

Chery & Rick at the Cato backyard
 Rick Baker of Efficient Agony fame
and his mother, Betty, came through
Bastrop today and we met for lunch 
at Baxter's on Main.

Rick is in Texas to visit his mother and other family.
They had been to Lake Buchanan in the Texas hill country
for a few days.

Gerald & I had a delightful time visiting with
Rick & Betty.
After lunch we drove over to our house
so they could see a bit of the results of
the Bastrop County Wildfire.

Like everyone who comes to our house, they were amazed
that we still have a house & two neighbors
amid all the devastation, debris, & rubble.
We are sort of an oasis in the desert.
Rick is the first blogger pal that I have met.
He thinks it would be a great idea
for all of us who are connected to meet
for a meet & greet at some central-ish location.
I would certainly be there.
Any suggestions for a good meeting location?


Rick Baker & his mother, Betty


9 comments:

ellen abbott said...

I have no suggestions but I would try to come.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

That was fun.. meeting a fellow blogger. Huh! Wish I will be successful in gathering the young bloggers and others who are close to Toronto. I am forming up a regular meeting on Meet Up, which I entitled "BLOGGER'S CAFE!"

Good one...

JJRod'z

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

besides count me in.. as long as i can afford it... hahaha... that's a great idea...

JJRod'z

R. Burnett Baker said...

Thanks again, Cheryl! For some reason the photos won't open on your post when I logged in.... cleveland, now waiting for flight to rochester....

Cheryl Cato said...

Rick that is odd. The photos were there yesterday. I'll check on it.

Kerry said...

I've never met a blogger! But I "know" a few of you there in TX. What fun!

Jo said...

Cheryl, what a great meet-up. I'm so happy you had the opportunity to do this.

I think it's clear that friends with whom we share virtual relationships are still very real friends in every way. To be able to see them "in the flesh" is a real treat.

I would certainly love to see you one day!

Cheryl Cato said...

Kerry, it was great fun.

Cheryl Cato said...

Jo, I'd love to meet you too! Should we do a mid-west meet up or all converge on DC so we can include Reya in the mix? I'd love to go to DC again; it's been years since I visited there... and I've never been to St. Louis.