The link below is the Commencement Address that Steve Jobs presented at Stanford University in 2005. It is an amazing speech; very simply told and yet very powerful.
Click on the link below to see the talk:
Remembering Steve Jobs
It is a sad evening... Steve Jobs was an amazing man.

7 comments:
I remember, back in 1996, my friends were telling me to switch from my Mac to a windows based PC. I laughed and remained loyal. Apple would go belly up and I'd be stuck. And the moment Steve Jobs returned I felt vindicated.
He was an extraordinary force in our culture and changed our lives. This death got to me tonight. I am so glad you put this up on your blog. I don't often tear up at the passing of famous people whom I did not know. As I said, though, this one got me.
Such a man.
Thank you for this, Cheryl! I will ask my friends to find your blog and the link. And listen to Steve`s words.
And stay foolish!
Angela, yes we should all stay "foolish". His words were amazing, simple, and direct.
Jeannette, I too have used Macs since about 1992. I had one in my classroom for my students to use. It's vintage now! The school where I taught used a combination of Macs and PCs. They gave each teacher who headed a committee a laptop to use and I loved it. It was the same one that Carrie in Sex and the City used to write her newspaper articles.
I then bought a desktop (and weren't they inventive... imagine only one cord with a built in CPU) and when I retired I bought a laptop mostly to use for photographs, in blogging and for emails (which is a MAC account). Then it was an iPod and an iPhone (3GS), but I have not yet bought an iPad.
It is amazing how one man, a true visionary, changed the culture of Americans and then on to People of the World.
definitely one of a kind.
The world is a little bit poorer place now. I wonder who will fill that empty spot?
Kerry, that is an interesting question. Ellen said Jobs was "one of a kind" and that may mean there will be no one in particular to fill "that empty spot". Someone may surface who is a visionary, but it will most likely be in a totally different capacity.
Post a Comment