Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009 ... Peace...Love...Happiness

Out with the old, in with the new. Say goodbye to our lovely December decorations and say hello to 2009. We enter this new year with hope and some amount of trepidation. We hope that with the change of policy in Washington our country, and indeed the world, will be a more prosperous and peaceful. There are many problems to tackle both at home and abroad. As I see it the most immediate attention is needed in the U.S. and world economy. If we can bring back prosperity to our and other countries perhaps we can help bring peace to countries in the mid-east and in Africa. Hunger, sickness, and violence reign in many African countries and it is incumbent on us as a nation to assist these countries in relieving these conditions.

Where we go, how we solve our problems, and how we assist in the resolution of problems worldwide will take some very smart and creative individuals. I for one am pleased that we have President-elect Barack Obama taking the helm on January 20th. It will be an all-consuming task, but one that I believe he is capable of shouldering. He seems to have put together a strong cabinet of intelligent, creative, and caring people who will carry out his agenda. I just hope it is going to be enough taken the problems facing humankind.

Along with millions of people within our country and abroad I pray for this good man and his team. The welfare of our country depends on a positive outcome of what is done over the next 6 months to a year. Hopefully by 2010 we see significant improvement in the economy, education, health care, and peace in our country and around the world. Peace, love, happiness... I hope we can reach into these areas over the next few months.

No comments: