Savannah, Georgia is a city proud of its Revolutionary history. Years ago my brother explained in a rather derisive tone that Savannah relies on its revolutionary background rather than that of the Civil War because they met Sherman at the gates to the city & turned it over to him. Many Georgians have never forgiven Savannah for remaining safe from destruction by the Union Army. I guess they wanted it burned down like Atlanta and other cities & towns that were in the path of Sherman's March to the Sea.
Savannah is a beautiful city and one I hope to return to for a better tour. It is smaller than Charleston, South Carolina, but has some of the charm exhibited in its sister city. I hope you'll enjoy this very short drive through the historic area.
Savannah is a beautiful city and one I hope to return to for a better tour. It is smaller than Charleston, South Carolina, but has some of the charm exhibited in its sister city. I hope you'll enjoy this very short drive through the historic area.
After leaving the Savannah National Wildlife Refuge
we drove into Savannah from South Carolina
over this lovely suspension bridge.
There are many restaurants along the water front, along with hotels and bars.
6 comments:
Beautiful pictures as always! It's one of the places that I would like to visit one day. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!
You have some amazing photos here Lizzy.
This town looks so full of character despite the new aspects.
A lovely name for the ship aswell.
Looks like it was a very pleasurable visit.
Will look forward to your next one.
Take care
Just as lovely as I remember. Plus, the Westin Hotel and many more places. I hope the weather was cooperative.
Your brother is a smart guy. Compare those two cities...well you can't compare them. One remains a gem and the other is just another big city.
lizzy, years ago - i passed with my parents through georgia. we were on our way somehwere and i can't remmeber if it was florida or a car event or what. i wish now that they had been the kind of people to stop and look and let us see these wonderful places. savannah looks beautiful through your eyes. thanks so much for sharing these here. steven
I love Savannah, tho it's been many years since my last visit! I think I was last there in 88. Great photos--it really is a special place.
Post a Comment