Wood Stork on Jekyll Island, GA
This Wood Stork was posing for me.
We spotted him as we were driving
along the highway at Jekyll Island, Georgia.
I don't know much about Wood Storks
but he looks old to me.
He sat and posed for several shots
and then flew away into the marshlands.
This is some beautiful country!
6 comments:
Hello Lizzzy
how nice it is to meet a bird that I do not know and such an interesting character...
I hope that you are well Lizzy
Happy days
hi lizzy i googled this bird and it's a big one!!! more than three feet tall and more than a five foot wingspan!! cool for you to see one. steven
Wood stork? Lovely.
Jekyl Island is gorgeous--I spent a few days there back in the late 80s--great pic of the stork.
The stork is lovely! What's that green stuff behind it? Oh ... grass? I think I remember grass. I think.
Safe journeys home!
I've always thought storks and cranes and herons all look like wizened old men.
Post a Comment