If ever I move back to Georgia I think this is the area in which I would enjoy living. If I lived in Brunswick it is just a quick trip over the bridge to Jekyll Island where there seems to be peace & quiet most of the year. There are 4 golf courses, a myriad of wetlands to enjoy, and white sands on which to walk.
The area is also rich in history dating back to the 1500s when only the Spanish were in the area. Later came the British and Georgia was colonized. Forts were scattered along the southern coast to defend from the Spanish who were in Florida and encroached on what became Georgia.
Sidney Lanier found much beauty in the region and wrote a collection of poems about the Marshlands. The most famous of which is "The Marshes of Glynn".
The area is also rich in history dating back to the 1500s when only the Spanish were in the area. Later came the British and Georgia was colonized. Forts were scattered along the southern coast to defend from the Spanish who were in Florida and encroached on what became Georgia.
Sidney Lanier found much beauty in the region and wrote a collection of poems about the Marshlands. The most famous of which is "The Marshes of Glynn".
It is Jekyll Island, GA
It seems to be a very private beach,
but with summer coming traffic may pick up.
There are many inlets around where a boat can anchor
and its crew sit back and enjoy the marshlands.
In the distance you can see the breakers caused
either by a sandbar, reef, or two rivers converging.
I'm not sure which causes this effect.
5 comments:
I could handle that. Absolutely stunning photographs. You are very handy with that camera.
thanks for the little tour. I could like that place.
Oh, lovely! A week... or four!
that's one sweet neighbourhood!!!! steven
Wow. It is gorgeous!
Post a Comment