Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas is around the corner


Last weekend we were in The Woodlands
(new Houston) visiting friends.
Market Street had lovely decorations.
On Friday night a choral group performed
in this square.
Hundreds of people were there to enjoy
the music and the lights
plus get a little shopping done.


I love this glitzy present and...

I would like to find this inside it
or just under my tree
or in my driveway.

While I'm wishing I think I would
like one of each of these little numbers.
Definitely my favorite colors!




This little girl is (not so patiently)
waiting to have her photo made with Santa.
Before we left the street was lined
with moms, dads, and little ones
just waiting their turn.



Pretty little burro sculpture in the square
but I have no idea what it signifies.
Maybe it is in search of the manger
(oh that was tacky!)



Adios to The Woodlands!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your eye for capturing things that many people would miss. The picture of the little girl is precious - when you see it, even without explanation, you just know there is a story there - and you captured it!

And that car. Oh, baby. I've never been a car junky, although I adore my Jetta (her name is Gretta), if that BMW were in my stocking, I would melt like butta!

The lease on Gretta is up next month and I'm gonna miss her. I don't need a car now that I'm in NYC, but I'll miss her because she was my first new car. After I graduated college, I took a job on a cruise ship and then moved to NYC - I never needed a car before.

Is it weird to get emotional about a car? I don't know. Living in Atlanta with my first new car was definitely a defining moment in my life...but life goes on, doesn't it?

Again, I adore your pictures...you always know how to frame things in a way that captures their essence.

Cheryl Cato said...

Thanks Corey! You've made my day! I love that you named your car Gretta the Jetta! My aunt named her old car Betsy, but I've never named mine.
Merry Christmas in the great NYC. The G-man & I may go next year at Christmas so we can see all the glitz & the tree at Rockefeller Center.