Monday, June 8, 2009
Pondering Thoughts & Dreams
Of late I have slipped into a place in my mind different from thoughts that I usually have. Perhaps it's age - that I have reached a point where more life has been lived than there is left before me. Perhaps it is because I am retired and have more time to ponder the road my life has taken rather than just walking down that road. Whatever the reason I have melancholy thoughts and disturbing dreams about the twists and turns of my life.
I am very happy with the here & now and want to enjoy this particular time of my life. Every day I am grateful that the G-man and I and Gertie Girl (our doggie friend) are in good health, are active, and enjoy being together.
However, I am puzzled by the dreams I've been having in which I relive parts of my past. In most instances it is the feeling or awareness of the times past rather than actual stories and imagery in my dreams. I seem to think it all over in my brain which does not allow for a restful repose.
Renee writes many times about the meaning of dreams and of the imagery that occurs in one's dreams. I don't think I experience the subtle objects that represent various meanings; I think I just go for the remembrance, something that can be referred to as "self butt-kicking". I guess I am kicking my butt about choices made along life's way even when I know darn well that I would not be with this man, in this place, and in this life if things had gone differently.
Perhaps it is the pull of the full moon about which Reya & Willow have recently written that has enhanced my dreams. I'd like whatever is causing my distress to take a backseat for a while. I'd like to simply enjoy this time on this planet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I think that if I ever had that view of the moon from my bedroom my wife would wake up to a werewolf in the early hours of the morning. What a fantastic photo! Many thanks for both post and image. Your pictures are really stunning and spooky (like this one :-D).
Greetings from London.
They say the moon does have strange effects on the chemicals in a person's brain. Who "they" are, I've never figured out.
Hasn't this been the most difficult full moon ? It seems that everyone has been talking about it and trying to figure out "What the heck happened here?".
Hope you are slowly easing out of it......for me - so far, so good today.
Whenever possible, I like to blame things on the planets and moon. They are large and mostly inert and probably don't care.
Seriously, though, I, too have been plagued by bad dreams about the past. I have had trouble shaking the feeling that comes with these dreams even when I'm awake.
This morning I was thinking that maybe I'm undergoing a deep healing of the past. You know how it hurts when you wash out a wound? Maybe that's what's happening. I prefer to think about it that way, anyway.
Hope your dreams are sweet tonight, Cheryl.
I certanly agree that full moon (all moons) affects us.
That is such a great picture of a full moon.
I love full moon, I always say it's time "uuuuuuuuuu" to it ;)
xoxox
Strange lunar effects in North Carolina, too. Even the animals were acting strange.
Retirement years GOLDEN? That's one of the colors in our bruises! I'm enjoying it, but could sure use a manual.
Sometimes I think I'm hooked into someone else's dreams--I don't know a soul in them. lol!
Hi Lizzy,
have you tried writing all these feelings down as a way to acknowledge them and vent them?
It may also lead you somewhere...
You could try nonstop writing - no pauses, no grammar no spelling concerns and if you get stuck just repeat the last line til you start a new thread...
It may help clear something that is shifting in your unconscious...
Happy Days
oh yes indeed you are not alone in this - how fascinating that so many of us have been going thru this strange introspection period. Do you write your dreams down into a book? i keep meaning to but they say it is a good thing to do. perhaps it will help you to make sense of past issues? sweet dreams :-)
lizzy,
I am a stranger on here, so forgive me if I overstep my bounds, but I would like to state just one thing.
It seems to me that your dreams of late are, as you said- reminding you of the feelings of regret over past choices. Because of this, I strongly feel that this is more premonitioning than of past things. Your dreams are, in my opinion, telling you that if you enjoy what you have now- be careful of the decisions you make from this point forward. I know this is vague and that I have little to no knowledge of you or your situation but I did feel that I should comment here.
Post a Comment