Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Barry Fraser, Smooth Sailing Our Canadian Explorer Friend


"Sunrise, sunset
Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following another
Laden with happiness and tears"

Smooth sailing my Canadian explorer friend,
you are missed.
Barry Edward Fraser
April 3, 1943 to July 20, 2010

My love goes out to Linda and her family
and of course to Lindsay who will miss her romps with her dad.

Visit "An Explorer's View of Life"

11 comments:

Reya Mellicker said...

This is the first online memorial I have participated in. Feels important to me. I learned from your FB comment that Barry had died. I was thinking about him all day yesterday.

Life is short, and completely unpredictable. We're so lucky to have each other - I mean we blog friends but also all of our loved ones.

I've been popping around to the blogs on Barry's link list, expressing my sympathies. It's so weird, isn't it?

Cheryl Cato said...

Oh Reya, I don't think it's at all weird to express sympathies in blog land. Funny how attached we get to those who write blogs. We become invested in their lives & the lives of their loved ones. :-)

Kathryn Magendie said...

It both makes me sadder, but also proud to have known him, to see how we all have been touched by him, and in his passing, how we all have reached out in our own ways.

I sure will miss Barry . . . we all will, won't we?

Kerry said...

Me too. I'm visiting others whom I know to be Barry's friends...it's kind of like holding hands.

steven said...

lizzy thanks for this sweet piece for barry! steven

nollyposh said...

Beautiful, Barry would like that x

Nancy said...

Lovely tribute to a wonderful man and writer. Well done.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for remembering Barry so beautifully. I am speaking about all of these blog tributes at our memorial service for Barry next Friday. Your voices will all be heard there.

Cheryl Cato said...

Linda, that is so sweet. There have been so many tributes to Barry. He was a very special person. Thank you for stopping by. I shall be thinking of you and especially next Friday.

Delwyn said...

Hi Lizzy

I was shocked to learn of Barry's death when I finally caught up with my on-line world yesterday. Barry made a big impression on the blog world with his witty humour, his interesting posts and through the way in which he conveyed the goodness of who is he to us...all of us who had never met him but were touched by him.

This is a lovely tribute that you have made.

Happy days

Cheryl Cato said...

Delwyn, I was shocked as well. Just the day or two before Linda had posted that he was up & in the solarium. Barry even did a short post on his blog that day finding humor in his predicament. I thought he was progressing and then the shocking news. His memorial service is this coming Friday. I have a post set to go on that day. It is sooo sad.