Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Mexico: From Mora to Taos

The drive over the Sangre de Cristo Mountains
in New Mexico is beautiful.
We came across this old mill in
Mora County and stopped to investigate.
The Salman Ranch Store is located at the mill site.
The store sells freshly dried flowers, jellies & preserves,
and other items made at the store.

La Cueva Mill
Mora County, New Mexico



Windows: One of my favorite things to photograph.


Salman Ranch Store Cool huh?


Local dog and Gertie was not amused!


Flowers dried in the store.


Raspberries from the Salman Raspberry Ranch

Salman Ranch Gardens



Lovely hand-stacked wall



Clouds settle into the valleys... beautiful!

Driving over the Sangre de Cristo Mountains from Mora to Taos


Lovely mountain stream

We are in Taos now.
Tomorrow photos from here.

4 comments:

Delwyn said...

Hi Lizzy
the misty photo you have put up as header is very appealing...
Happy travels

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Just lovely Lizzy!
<><

Anonymous said...

I have an affinity for old buildings and architecture. Visiting them is like walking through history.

Just back from my trip to Charleston, SC and I almost felt as if I was actually living in the Old South for bit.

Ryan said...

Hi excellent photos, those little cottages remind me of small chateau's I've seen in France and Spain.