Saturday, July 10, 2010
Girlfriends
When I saw these girls scampering across the wall of a boutique in Lewisburg I was sorely disappointed that the store was closed. I would love to have them running and jumping across my wall. Ah well, c'est la vie, perhaps I'll run across them again somewhere.
The images remind me of some of the art that Tess shares with us at An Aerial Armadillo. I love to visit her blog and see the images of the Africa that she loves. Tess like many other of you in blog land have become my "girlfriends". I feel close to so many of you and have learned about your loves, life, passions as I read your blogs. We have formed a sort of cyber-sisterhood which began with Renee, Ces, & Bella. Their friendship was what made me begin to think of the connection we share through the blog world. Renee was spirit & glue.
When you are happy - I am happy; when you are sad, so am I. Today I am especially sad after reading "Stormy Weather" at An Aerial Armadillo and learning of Tess's illness. Though we have never met and live across the ocean from one another I have come to admire, respect, enjoy & love Tess. She is a true beacon of light in the darkness of our world.
So I offer a toast to Tess and to my other blog girlfriends (the Seeker, Rosaria, Reya, Ellen, Lesley, Maria, Angela, Delwyn, Val, Natalie, Ces, Bella, & Renee to name only a few) who are spread far & wide. I am so glad I "know" you. It is amazing how much more we have in common than not even from different lands & cultures. We are so appreciative of the stories we share. Thank you , thank you, thank you.
I don't want my male friends to feel left out, but today is girls' day it seems.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hello girlfriend!
I too appreciate the many connections forged across the seas, times, and cultures...
Happy days
I am so glad that I have listened to my intuition this morning and instead of making breakfast for the whole family, I have decided to take some time for myself and visit the blogs that I selfishly take for grant. What an inspiring post!
I have also visited Tess's blog and I could not find the words to post a comment, but she is on my mind and prayers. I know that I will be revisiting her blog....
A big hug for you girlfriend...and thank God for blog land!
Cool pic! I love my blogging buddies too.
<><
No matter how different our lives, our cultures, our ways of being, we all smile in the same language.
Ellen, I love that: "we smile in the same language".
Delwyn, we do spread out far & wide, don't we.
Camisola, intuition is a wonderful thing. I'm so glad you stopped by this lovely Saturday morning.
Noe Noe Girl, blogging pals are wonderful! I'm so glad you all are out there.
Oh my dear, how I understand you and feel related to your feelings.
As my Sis said "thank God for blog land!"
I also have Tess in my thoughts.
Thank you darling for this so insightful post.
Hope you're having a nice weekend
xoxo
Seeker, thanks for the kind words. Your Sis is right!
Hi Lizzy
all appears to be working ok now...
happy days
hello girlfriend! and i will join you in that toast for sure. its a wonderful place this blogosphere - who would have known? and thank you for your beautiful blog, and for visiting mine and leaving your lovely comments. I like those leaping ladies too :-)
xxxV
Post a Comment