When the G-man & I were in Charleston we stayed with my nephew & his family for a couple of nights. I have always loved his backyard which backs up to a lovely marshland. My nephew & his son have a canoe and are able to put in just at the edge of their property and row out to one of the rivers that run through Charleston. Charleston is situated on the confluence of the Ashley and Cooper Rivers.
Morning light
Bailey the sweet cat enjoys the backyard.
Bailey is a rescue cat and loves his home.

Afternoon light
Afternoon on the marsh.
Egret in the waterway.
My nephew has bird feeders on his front porch and back stoop and has frequent visitors. I should suggest that he put some free standing ones toward the back or hang some from the trees, but then he may have squirrels to combat.
I am growing more and more fond of backyards especially ones that have the potential to entice lovely birds. Perhaps I'll visit some of my friends backyards and photograph them just to see what other folks are doing. That would be a nice little project for the summer.
8 comments:
Backyards and birds! Heavenly!
The egrets are so graceful and beautiful ... as is your cat. She looks like a lion out on the savannah. Beautiful.
the photos are beautiful! Love the egret!
Happy Theme Thursday!
what lovely tranquil photographs. they look so nice on your green background. I visited Charleston a few times over the years. We lived in Richmond, VA then. I thought Charleston was gorgeous but hot. Living in the south is so darn hot. But, that's why the vegetation is extraordinary.
See any gators yet?
Just lovely! I was in Charleston a few years ago. I love it there. Great capture on the Egret!
<><
Came here for a Theme Thursday and was greeted with beautiful, soothing photography. Thanks.
bailey sure loks a lot like my cat...and mine is a rescue cat as well...she survived an aligator attack...ack...
your backyard views are very beautiful!
Post a Comment