Saturday, April 11, 2009

Remodeling Almost Complete

Flowers to Celebrate Spring!

I am happy to say that almost all of our remodeling is complete. Of course we had a couple of things go wrong after the work was done which will entail another week or so of work.
  • Bad news: Had some moisture between panes in the windows.
  • Good news: The glass people who did our shower doors will have new ones to install next Thursday.
  • Bad news: Our clock on the sprinkler system died.
  • Good news: Our neighbor is a landscape architect & ordered a new one which he will install.
  • Bad news: Our garage door went kaput!
  • Good news: We have a number to call...




White porcelain sink resurfaced in black with tan flecks...
Stunning against the white tile countertops!


I guess these things happen to houses after a while. I think ours is about 20 years old so it's time for some mending. Now to see what we have done! I love what we did to the kitchen. I wanted to paint the cabinets a burgundy color, but backed out because of the amount of stress with having workers in and out and waiting for them. However, we do have white-ish tile floors, a white porcelain sink resurfaced in black with tan flecks, new stove & refrigerator.

The tile folks were amazing & did their job in 2 days. Out with the flooring, in with the tile on day 1 and grouting on day 2. The guys who did the resurfacing were good too. We resurfaced the sink in the kitchen (which I mentioned above) and resurfaced in a lighter color the tub & vanity in the bath (no photos of the bath).

Now that we are almost done I hope to get back to some golf. Played during the remodel when I was stressing and played horribly (shot 112), but Thursday we went out with friends on the same course & I shot 92... much better, less stress, could concentrate. Ahhh, I love my new kitchen!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Kitchen remodels seem challenging to go thru, but the results in this case look quite good.

Unknown said...

Hi there Lizzy. I've been meaning to drop by and thank you for visiting me on the Seguin blog. Thanks! :)

I am enjoying your blog and learning about your life. I can sympathize with you on the house remodeling business. We went through that for many years and finally paid someone to do the last part -- the kitchen. It is truly wonderful to be able to enjoy it, right? I hope you have fun with yours and I'm glad you can get back to golfing! Have a wonderful Easter.

Rosaria Williams said...

Lucky for you everything worked out for the best. The remodeling went fast and you're happy. Enjoy your new diggs.

Delwyn said...

It looks so lovely and fresh Lizzy. I like the cabinets natural, it keeps a nice warm homey feeling. Your house looks very welcoming and comfy.

Back to golf...

Cheryl Cato said...

We had a late breakfast, went to the gym, worked in the yard, so now at 6 PM we've had an early dinner WHICH I COOKED IN MY SPARKLING KITCHEN! A little tilapia, sauteed red onions with zucchini & yellow squash with pine nuts, and whole wheat pasta... mmm it was good. Now to watch the rest of the Masters that we recorded. Thanks all for dropping by... have a great weekend & happy Easter.

And Delwyn... I may keep the cabinets natural... they look good with the light tile floors & counter-tops. I think you are right about it adding the warmth.

I'm a happy girl... :-)

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Kitchen looks amazing and that dinner sounds fab.......what time shall I be over next time you fix that killer sounding dish?
I can bring wine.......lots of wine....
Have a blessed Easter Lizzy and....

Steady On
Reggie Girl