Tuesday, May 26, 2009

If I can't go to Heaven...


This is the last photo (double click on photo to enlarge) taken in Marfa, TX last weekend. It is outside the newly opened & blessed "watering hole" called Padre's. As we were leaving the bar we took a photo of me beside this old hearse that has been painted with Texas or western style images. You'll be seeing more funky images as the week goes by, but thought I'd share this one with you now. Above the rear window is a quote:
"If I can't go to Heaven then let me go to Texas!"
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Brilliant, Lizzy!

Val said...

I love that rebel state attitude! and the artwork is great too :-)

Fire Byrd said...

Glad you had a good time.
Is that your home in the post below? It's lovely.
xx

Delwyn said...

Hi Lizzy
you looked dressed to put on those boots with spurs and jump astride that horse...

Happy Days

Anonymous said...

I'd like to drive that car blue blazes through a one-stop-light town. Woo-hoo!

karen said...

this is classic! Looking forward to hearing more about the visit to Padres...

ellen abbott said...

Hi Lizzy. Never been to Marfa but I love that part of the state.

Thanks for visiting and joining, Nice to have another Texan along for the ride.

Girl Tornado said...

Padre's sounds like a fun watering hole with a lot of atmosphere. :)

Siobhán said...

Now there's a positive attitude.

May I ask a silly question? What is Memorial Day about and does it always fall on a particular date?

Tess Kincaid said...

That old hearse is a stitch!!

Rosaria Williams said...

Love it! What a statement.

Natalie said...

Congratulations on Your nomination for POST OF THE DAY.
Love the photo.xx♥

Unknown said...

Congrats on POTD! Oh yes, a definite statement.

Daryl said...

what fun .. and congrats on the POTD mention!

Anonymous said...

Love it, what fun, and what a way to go!

Here from David's POTD

Elizabeth Bradley said...

What a crazy car! From one Lizzy to another, congrats on being chosen by David for POTD.

Cheffie-Mom said...

We have so much fun here in Texas! Congrats on the Post of the Day Award from authorblog!

CJ said...

Great pic as always!And what a subject?!
Congrats on the POTD!


♥ chaitra