Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Rural Texas & Little Texas Towns

Click photos to enlarge

The sign & roofs behind them caught my attention as we were driving toward Pecan Plantation for our last round of golf on Sunday. Someone has a great sense of humor!

This photo is the courthouse in Glen Rose, TX. It is a lovely courthouse with a beautiful statue in front of it.

Statue representing the Barnard Legend


The two photos above are of the Museum and a shop on the square in Glen Rose.

Meridian courthouse in Bosque County, TX

Attorney & Dentist office on the square in Meridian

It was fun to get away last weekend. The weather did not cooperate so well as most people across the country are aware. Rains, storms, winds were in abundance across the country. It was a damp, chilly weekend in Granbury. We did meet a lot of very nice folks. It's good to be back home!

7 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

I always think of my blog friends and how the weather is treating them. We had a blustery couple of days, too windy to be out and gardening. I'm glad you are golfing.

Unknown said...

Those are some fun photos-- I especially like the courthouses & most especially accutech roofing-- those are priceless.

Siobhán said...

Such a relaxed holiday pace in this blog. Lucky you!

Cheryl Cato said...

Rosaria, It was a cold, windy, & wet golfing excursion! Sunday afternoon after all the golfing was over the sun came out & warmed things.

Thanks John, it was fun taking the photos.

Siobhan, I'm not sure how relaxed I was with a cold wind howling on Sunday. My teeth were chattering!

Eleonora Baldwin said...

Lovely pictures and a fun post, thank you. I love road movies, and the images and places you captured made it look like a documentary of a very fun voyage.

It's good to be back home again. I have left a little award for you over at my place. Ciao

Delwyn said...

Hi Lizzy,

thanks for the quick tour of little Texan towns. I love to see these very different buildings and images so far removed from here.

It was so cold in NZ and now back here the temp has dropped suddenly and I have 3 layers of clothing on...
and had to pull out the doona for the bed...
Happy days Lizzy

Anonymous said...

I agree. Someone did have a good sense of humor with the roofing sign.
I love the Glen Rose courthouse. Beautiful.
All the photos are wonderful
Have a great day.
Pam