Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shadow Shot Sunday

The Photographer's Shadow for ShadowShotSunday with Prickly Pear Cactus


Kitty surrounded by shadows from the trees


We refer to "sitting in the shade" but it really is the shadow of trees


Shadows spilling onto a crushed glass (looks like old beer bottles) walkway in a beautiful garden.

10 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

What great pictures here. The contrast of light and shade is stark and brilliant.

Delwyn said...

Hi Lizzy
I love the cactus fingers + Lizzy shadows


Happy snapping Days

Hey Harriet said...

These are very cool shadows. Thanks for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday :)

Tess Kincaid said...

That top photo looks hot and dry!

karen said...

great cactus photo! and the previous blogpost is just amazing,I especially love the Sleeping Lion mountain!

Unknown said...

Great photos as usual. I especially like the one of the veranda.

Reya Mellicker said...

Love the cowboy hat in the first pic. That is so RIGHT next to the cactus!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lizzy - looks warm where you are. Bit chilly here these days. I like your prickly pear photo- those things became an invasive weed here in Australia a while back, growing to enormous heights and widths - you still see them sometimes around old deserted properties along the highways.I like the idea of Shadow Shot Sunday - if only the wintery sun here would peep through the clouds more often!

Catherine said...

I love that first shot...so quirky!!

Renee said...

Lizzy you take some of the best photographs around.

Love Renee and have a wonderful day.

xoxoxo