Amigo's New Hope a.k.a. BoThe newest member of the Obama family. Amigo's New Hope is a perfect name for the Obama's new dog, but it seems the girls wanted to give it a different name, Bo. The Portuguese Water Dog was given to the Obama's by Senator Edward Kennedy. Bo is a litter mate of a dog owned by Sen. Kennedy. Welcome to the big time, Bo!
8 comments:
He sure looks precious! Definitely ready for lots of attention. How about your kitchen; are you ready to get back to it now that it looks so appealing?
Cute puppy. I just read about him in the morning paper.BO is also the letters for their dad's initials... and of course that other rather nasty BO - perhaps another name might be better.- how about BEAU
Rosaria, I'm enjoying my kitchen & have been cooking the last few days.
Delwyn, I had a dog years ago named Beau; now my the ex-husband who lives in Metung, Australia named his boxer Beau. However, the Obama girls named their dog Bo. Below is the reason for naming the puppy Bo.
The Washington Post reported in its online editions Saturday night that Obama's daughters chose the name Bo for the pup because first lady Michelle Obama's father was nicknamed Diddley. The name for the dog was an apparent reference to the singer "Bo" Diddley.
I think the Obama family made a great choice. I bought my Portuguese Water Dog 7 years ago, and I believe it's the perfect dog. My only concern is that they will now become a fad, and the quality of the breed diminish.
Jennifer, that seems to be the worry of several breeders & PWD owners. That would be a terrible shame. My friend has a PWD which is her second one. She & her husband love Boots & talk about how smart he is. He's such a cute dog.
And the puppy mills go into overtime....
Nothing like fame to ruin a good thing.
But I can't blame the Obamas for that. It would happen no matter what dog they chose.
Bo Diddly sounds like the perfect name for a puppy! :)
Hiya, Lizzy! Yes, cute pup, and a mighty lucky one, too. I read that the breeder who sold the Bidens their dog really regrets it now because of all the threats she's receiving from shelter advocates. Sad.
Great blog here!
Lizzy I am so glad I got to see this little pup, I guess I'm buried under a rock to not have seen it yet.
Love Renee xoxo
p.s. the earth post was amazing.
Post a Comment