Several people have asked how "Lizzy Frizzfrock" came to be or have asked what is a frizzfrock. In 1976, after reading Even Cowgirls Get the Blues with the wonderful character on Bonanza Jellybean, I decided I needed a "nickname". So with my middle name being Elizabeth, the Lizzy part was easy. But where to get a last name? My hair is naturally curly/frizzy; so frizz became part of the last name. The work frock is an old-time term for dress which my aunt used to refer to my pretty little dresses... it sounded good with frizz, a nice transition. So I became Lizzy Frizzfrock! It's an original.Sunday, April 5, 2009
How did the name Lizzy Frizzfrock come into existence?
Several people have asked how "Lizzy Frizzfrock" came to be or have asked what is a frizzfrock. In 1976, after reading Even Cowgirls Get the Blues with the wonderful character on Bonanza Jellybean, I decided I needed a "nickname". So with my middle name being Elizabeth, the Lizzy part was easy. But where to get a last name? My hair is naturally curly/frizzy; so frizz became part of the last name. The work frock is an old-time term for dress which my aunt used to refer to my pretty little dresses... it sounded good with frizz, a nice transition. So I became Lizzy Frizzfrock! It's an original.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
That is rather cute Lizzy. I can see just enough to know its you...
Yes, I was wondering, too! :^)
So interesting, and lovely, dear
xoxo
My dear ladies, happy to oblige with a little bit of my history. My dearest friend decided to refer to herself as Bonanza Jellybean until she became a wonderful fiber artist & began referring to herself & signing her work as G3. Her name was Gail Gagnon Garcia; unfortunately she is no longer on this place we call Earth, but her spirit will forever be a part of me.
xoxoxo Lizzy Frizzfrock
Great explanation. So, if we call you Lizzy you will still respond?
Last night when I looked at this post only the pic was there!
The name suits you and I always think of you as Lizzy...
Rosaria, many of my friends in Austin call me Lizzy. Mostly in my new home town I'm known as Cheryl, but I love being called Lizzy. :-)
Delwyn, you mentioned long ago that you like referring to me as Lizzy and that is just fine! :-)
It's a great moniker-- sounds like it came from a book. Well done.
Well I love it and am glad to find the origin.
Now what name do you prefer to be called.
Is it Lizzy or Cheryl because I will do either or both.
Love Renee
How is the kitchen.
John, it has been fun having the name L.F. over the years. Lizzy is sort of my alter-ego... the fun one, Cheryl is the more serious part of my personality.
Renee, I answer to either Lizzy or Cheryl. My ex-husband would always introduce me as Cheryl & then within the next 3 minutes was talking about Lizzy. Made for much confusion until folks realized Lizzy was my "nickname". You may call me whichever you please & I'll answer. Cheryl represents the more serious part of my personality; Lizzy is the more fun & adventurous one. Sooo, depending on how you are feeling, serious or loopy, may determine how you choose to address me.
Cheers! xoxoxo
Lizzy &/or Cheryl
Renee, the kitchen needs a bit more work & so does one of the bathrooms, but we are essentially done. An unforeseen issue (isn't there always at least one) came up with the placement of the stove & with Gerald's shower, so there is some more work to be done. At least we now have a new 'fridge & stove & can eat at home more often.
:-) Lizzy
Post a Comment