Guess I'm getting too old for this make-over stuff. I worked myself into lots of stress and probably for no good reason. Everything is going well. I have decided to hold off on painting my kitchen cabinets. I wanted them a cranberry red color, but have decided to live with the old for a while longer & just put some polish to them.
The tile has been replaced in the kitchen, one bath along with new towel racks, & the tiling process is taking place now in the master bath. New shower doors have been installed, a resurfacing technique was done to the tub & vanity in the master bath, so once the tile is down & grouted almost all will be complete in there.
The kitchen sink has a new look and new refrigerator & range are being delivered this afternoon. Pictures of the completed work will come after everything is spic & span.
7 comments:
Hello, I am back again, I smiled reading your post of today-- it is all so familiar. I absolutely love the black sink!! Is it really that simple, you just spray on the black? I suppose the paint has the flecks built in? Or do they go one after? Tricky! But very effective!
Thankyou for your support during our bad week!
You mean you did this yourself? What!?
Hello Lizzy. Thank you for your visit and comment. I am jealous. I need a new kitchen. Mine is old and ugly. I like what I see so far. I love the cabinets.
Delphine, I'll take a better photo of the sink soon. It is a special spray paint this company uses to resurface. First they use acid to etch the old surface, apply one coat of black, apply a second coat of black, then spray the tan with a finer mist to make the flecks. I think we made 3 passes with the tan before we had the right amount of tan against black. Oh, and the smell is horrid! In 24 hours you're good to go!
Thanks for stopping by my place; I hope to see you again!
Lizzy
Ces, No!!! I did not do this myself. I'm not confident enough to try something like this on my own.
The cabinets are the original; I have done nothing to them except apply a good coat of wax. I wanted to paint them a burgundy shade but have run out of steam & decided to wait on painting the cabinets until a later date.
Oh, Frizzfrock, I love that new sink! I am dying for new countertops and sink. Send that crew on over to WM!
Just keep thinking how wonderful it will be when it is done.
We spend so much time in the kitchen it's lovely to have it fresh and new.
enjoy a weekend free of tradesmen.
Happy days
Oh yes, remodeling is always so stressful, but remember dear you'll be so proud when all it's over :)
Looking forward to see the new pictures.
Have a nice weekend, darling
xoxo
Post a Comment