Hood County Courthouse in Granbury

After playing golf at Pecan Plantation Golf Course near Granbury, we took a drive into the downtown area. Someone told me it is a cute little downtown and indeed it is. There are several restaurants along the square, an old-style movie theatre that is in operation, a coffee shop that appears to roast the beans, and antique & dress shops abound. Tomorrow afternoon I plan to take a stroll around the square & take a few more photos.
Along with the cute, bustling town there are several golf courses around. The area known as Pecan Plantation is very large and has two 18 hole golf courses. I don't know how many homes are there, but it is quite large... the size of a small to medium size town. We think we could live in an area like this. Fort Worth is the nearest large city & is 38 miles north of Granbury. We are finding this area of Texas very appealing. It is green & lush as a result of getting good amounts of rainfall. There are rolling hills, a constant level lake (Lake Granbury), and the Brazos River which adds to the beauty of the area.
Along with the cute, bustling town there are several golf courses around. The area known as Pecan Plantation is very large and has two 18 hole golf courses. I don't know how many homes are there, but it is quite large... the size of a small to medium size town. We think we could live in an area like this. Fort Worth is the nearest large city & is 38 miles north of Granbury. We are finding this area of Texas very appealing. It is green & lush as a result of getting good amounts of rainfall. There are rolling hills, a constant level lake (Lake Granbury), and the Brazos River which adds to the beauty of the area.
12 comments:
Cheryl, are you looking to move right after remodeling? But go ahead; life is short.
No, don't think so. I don't think I'd be as happy here as I am where we live. The golf courses are great & the amenities are very reasonably priced (better than ours), but I don't think I want to start over at this point in my life. And, I think Gerald feels the same way.
I wish our little town was as cute as this one is.
It is fascinating for me to look at photos of your country as the architecture is so different here in France!
Indeed it is! Even here the small towns in the west have a more rustic look than the architecture of the eastern states. That is something for me to think about & study.
It really looks like a cute little Texas town "should" - whatever that means. Thanks for the tour!
What an adorable downtown! I would love to explore, it looks like such a fun and interesting area. I always love exploring new small rural towns.
What a nice little town! Lizzy, I just read your sidebar. I thought that was your real last name! :)
«Louis» appreciates your frequent visits. He regrets he's so busy at his new espresso shop he seldom reciprocates...
Looks like a very interesting little burb. I, too, love seeing other parts of the world.
Just now getting around to the Friday photo project.
Lived in Midland for five delightful years. This is certainly different. No mesquite nor pumpjacks. They says the Republic of Texas is relly four states in itself. How true. Gret insight.
Lizzy this is such a pretty little town.
Hope you are ready to fall in love with a 28 year old. Maithri is amazing.
Love Renee xoxo
I love the pics. What a nice feeling in that little town.xx♥
Post a Comment