Monday, August 31, 2009

Blue Monday -- '64 Corvette

From the Bastrop Car Show
Yet another beauty

Everyone seemed to enjoy the blue truck last week
and the blue T-Bird a few weeks before,
so today is another beauty...
1964 Corvette by Chevrolet!
It rolled off the production line
in the year I graduated from high school.
Ahhh, how gorgeous!

Every time the G-man and I see a car like this we say,
"Wouldn't it be fun..."
and then we realize we aren't as agile as we once were,
so how could we bend & contort to fit into this car?
It would be especially difficult for a 6-foot tall man,
but maybe not to much for a woman
who is 5 feet 2 inches and with short legs!
Now don't go thinkin' I'm short...
in my mind I'm about 5 feet 10 inches!

Hope you enjoy this portion of the show!

P. S. Lorac at The Cottage Life decided to participate in my Blue Monday theme, visit her blog to see how she addresses a "blue Monday".

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lorac said...

Wow! What amazing vehicles there are in our past. I remember my Dad having a Chevy in that colour.

Cheryl Cato said...

Lorac, my brother had a 1956 (I think) Chevrolet Bel Air 2-door sedan in these colors! It was a beauty! Funny how we love to look at the well-maintained autos. Lizzy

Renee said...

Lizzy you and the g man live such a good life. I love it.

xoxo

steven said...

lizzy - isn't it really too bad that there isn't one day in your life called "you get the car you always wanted day". it would be of no use to me because i don't drive but for drivers it would be a magical day. never mind your age, your size, your shape. my dad had a good sized tum - wasn't too short either and drove jags into his sixties!!! lovely car in the pic by the way!!! have a lovely evening. steven

Cheryl Cato said...

Renee, it makes me (almost) feel guilty that we are having such a good time. Thank you. I wish it could be so for everyone. I am thankful for each day.
Love you, Lizzy

Cheryl Cato said...

Steven, I might need several days to try out & choose the "car I've always wanted"! Hope you have a great evening. Lizzy

Delwyn said...

Hi Lizzie

I think perhaps the car of your dreams will have to be blue...

Happy days

Cheryl Cato said...

Hi Delwyn, probably the car that I enjoyed the most was a powder blue 300 ZX Nissan. It was a sporty car with T-tops & it was fast (not that I drove it fast but it had the capability). My cute little schnauzer & I used to drive cross country in it... from Texas to Georgia about 1500 miles. It was a fun car with a 5-speed standard transmission. Oh yeah!