Friday, August 21, 2009

Funky Friday - Magnolia Cafe


Yesterday the G-man and I were in Austin for appointments and we stopped by my favorite little neighborhood cafe, the Magnolia Cafe on Lake Austin Blvd. This is where all the locals come for eats and is open 24/7. It's a place to talk politics, read the paper, chat with friends and people watch. People from all walks of life come here... everyone from lawyers & stockbrokers to artists & actors. You may see a person in a suit & styled hair sitting next to someone with jeans & dreadlocks. Oh yeah, my old neighborhood... that's Austin!

5 comments:

Barry said...

I have a favoured cafe like that nearby, although not too many actos stop by.

What is it about some places that inhibits conversation and how do others encourage it?

I think the opportunity for conversation is why my wife and I prefer Bed n Breakfasts when we travel to motels.

Rosaria Williams said...

Lovely piece. We all enjoy dropping in at a friendly place.

steven said...

lizzy, i love this - some of the restaurants i love the most are those where you meet all sorts of people, eat all sorts of food, drink all sorts of drinks and leave with memories built around the simple experience of going out to eat. i know your joy!!! steven

Cheryl Cato said...

Barry, yes, I like B & Bs also or old hotel like The Gage in Marathon, TX where folks sit on the porch, the patio, or in the comfortable lobby & have real conversations! Fun.

Thank you lakeviewer... this is a very friendly place!

steven, somehow I thought you might like this. I bet you'd fit well in the Austin scene.

Thanks y'all for stopping by my Funky Friday spot!
Lizzy

Titus said...

We have a tiny tea-room with less varied clientele, but still a lot of time to talk.
Love the clock - my first clue when I'm crossing the Atlantic ether as to what-the-hell-the-time-is over there. Thanks!