Monday, February 2, 2009

Fourth Annual Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading

Link
Fourth Annual Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading








Edna St. Vincent Millay
1892 -1950









First Fig

My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light

Second Fig

Safe upon the solid rock the ugly houses stand;
Come and see my shining palace built upon the sand!

5 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

very quiet applause going on then!

if you want to play the game your letter is A

Fire Byrd said...

very quiet applause going on then!

if you want to play the game your letter is A

Unknown said...

Lovely stuff from Millay-- she really was a terrific poet.

Unknown said...

Hi again:

I'd like to pass on the "Superior Scribbler" award to you-- I received it from Citizen K earlier today. You can stop by Robert Frost's Banjo anytime after about 5-10 minutes to pick it up.

Great job with the Lizzy Frizzfrock blog!

Peggy said...

I so love Edna! These shorties are some of my favorites. Thanks for sharing. I'm including you in my (Silent) Poetry Reading list of participating blogs. So nice to meet you!