Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Day at The Bandit

Gerald played in the Golf Channel Amateur Golf Tour at The Bandit near McQueeney, TX yesterday. So while the G-man played the G-dog and I entertained ourselves. Early in the day we drove into the tiny town of McQueeney and took some photographs (which I posted Saturday night), took some photographs of the course, and walked around photographing the beautiful Live Oak trees with the blue Texas sky. I don't think I was able to capture just how blue the sky was in the afternoon, but perhaps you can get an idea.

This morning was overcast and around noon a cold front blew in bringing rain for about 30 minutes before it blew through leaving gorgeous blue skies. That's when Gertie & I took our walk and photographed Live Oaks, Prickly Pear cactus, and Gertie & her shadow.

The 10th tee box & looking down the 10th fairway.

The difficult approach on the 18th fairway.


The 18th green.

The #1 fairway.

Live Oaks and vista.

Yet another Live Oak.

Live Oaks on the crest of the hill on the #1 fairway.

The parkway leading into The Bandit with a Live Oak in the center.

Sun through a Live Oak.

Sun reflected on a puddle left by a much needed rain.

Gertie & the Prickly Pear cactus.

Gertie & her shadow.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Good shots, good way to keep busy too! I enjoyed the tour of McQeeny as well, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl! I enjoyed your photos of the beautiful blue Texas skies and trees.The last photo made me smile. Dear Gertie has the "AGAIN with the "wait I need to take a photo" look that my husband gets.xx

Unknown said...

Nice photos, as were yesterday evenings shots of McQueeny-- really struck by the mud puddle shot-- sounds odd, but it's a lovely pic. I agree with Pam about Gertie's look in that last photo. Dogs have such a way of looking obedient & impatient at the same time.

Fire Byrd said...

Does gertie play golf too? or was she just along for her modelling role???
Looks like a beautiful place and blue skies to boot.
xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a good weekend!

Cindy said...

I love the live oaks, they are so beautiful. Great photos. The last one was very special. Thanks for your visit! I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you.

Cheryl Cato said...

Natalie, Pam, and John - thanks for visiting. Yes Gertie is very patient even when she wants to be snoofing around. It was fun looking around McQueeney for a photographic opportunity. It is a tired looking little Texas town.
Byrd - Gertie loves to ride with us in the golf cart whenever we play on a course where dogs are allowed. She is really good, she sits & watches the world go by.
Audry & Wild Eve - it was a nice Saturday. The live oaks are so beautiful, I never tire of looking at them.
Thanks all for visiting.

Rosaria Williams said...

Cheryl,
I nominated you for an award on my last post. Check it out.

sixtyfivewhatnow.blogspot.com