
On Tuesday Miranda wrote about her comfort food which led to the relating of some of her childhood antics in the "bush" in Africa. Her stories are outside the realm of my experience and yet they are so appealing. Perhaps that inexperience on my part is what makes the stories so intriguing.
We all have those flashbacks to our childhood from time to time and these are priceless. Even if one had a difficult childhood most of us are able to harken back to some sweet times of yesteryear. I'm sure that I have an abundance of stories, observations, from my childhood some sweet, some sad. Those observations are what formed the person I am today ... I like to think the observations made the better part of me.
I've been thinking about what I consider "comfort food" for myself. I'm not sure that I have a real go-to food... maybe milk and fig newtons. When I was a little girl my father would say, "Let's have a snack." That snack ALWAYS consisted of milk and fig newton cookies. Yes, that's it, my comfort food... sitting at the kitchen table having a snack with Daddy.
5 comments:
I love fig newtons, though not as comfort food. I like mac and cheese and risotto.
Had to admit to Mirand athat I'd never had powdered milk!
Also another terrific post,love.
My comfort food is lamb casserole with mash and steamed vegies.
Funnily enough, I have served it to the children when they needed some extra loving, and now they have voted it their comfort food as well. :D
Stumbled on your blog. I love it. My go to comfort food when I was a little girl and still is, is cheddar cheese and crackers. Because I am british, french fries or "chips" are a favourite, especially with HP brown sauce
Toast, cold with lots of butter, is my staple comfort food. And I eat a lot of it!
xx
Good Dads are a really good thing to have. xooxo
Thank you for your beautiful comment.
xoxoxo
Love Renee
Post a Comment