Monday, January 19, 2009

Barack Hussein Obama II - 44th President of the United States of America

Today I awake to a new day filled with excitement. The excitement is spreading outward from Washington, DC to all points in the United States and worldwide. My friend in France (an ex-pat AM) is going to an inaugural party! There will be parties in Australia according to another friend there. From the reading on blog sites one can feel the excitement around the country & world!

It will be interesting to see how many posts from around the world will reflect the excitement that is taking place in our country.

Here's to Change and Hope and just a bit of good luck & lots of work. Thank you Barack Obama for being willing to take on the enormous task of running our country.

Now excuse me... I have a swearing-in to hear, news to follow, and an inaugural party to attend!!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

So did I, Lizzy. I was proud of America today, and I`m not even American! Congratulations!

Cheryl Cato said...

Thank you Angela