In November 1976 I went Arcosanti (<<
I met some really cool folks during that month. When I returned home (to San Antonio, TX) I shared my experiences with my then-husband and friends. Of course we passed around the music, the literature, and the weaving information and my best friend (Gail Gagnon Garcia) really liked the name of one of the characters in "Even Cowgirls..."; the character was Bonanza Jellybean. To cut a story somewhat short, I was jealous that she wanted to take such a cool name. Well I was so jealous that I decided to come up with a name all my own ... that name turned out to be Lizzy Frizzfrock. Lizzy is from my middle name, Elizabeth, and Frizzfrock comes from "frizz"-my frizzy hair; and "frock" is how my aunt and many southern women referred to dresses. I thought it sounded good together and different... a little rhyme, a little alliteration. So Frizzfrock became my last name. Lizzy Frizzfrock was born from a wonderful month spent in the high desert of Arizona. I have held onto that name all these many years.
So a "frizzfrock" is totally me ... Lizzy Frizzfrock.
No comments:
Post a Comment