Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Kind of Town, Austin, TX





Downtown Austin, the capital of Texas. My kind of town! For 20 years I lived within sight of the Capitol Building. Back 30 years ago no building was supposed to be taller than the capitol building, but look at it now. The capitol is north on Congress Avenue and is dwarfed by all the new-ish buildings.

Whole Foods, Lady Bird Lake, theatres, galleries, and the capitol all within walking distance of the condo I lived in until 2000. Now, I live only about 30 miles away now in a quiet town and I miss the hustle, bustle of Austin. I visit every couple of weeks to get a re-charge.

Austin is the home office of Whole Foods. When I moved here it's beginnings were a half-block from where I lived in an old style grocery store. What a change! The store is beautiful with roof top & ground level seating for those who want to enjoy being outside and of course there are the indoor restaurants as well.

Note my car thermometer; it was 79 degrees today! Tomorrow will be low 80s before another cold front comes in early Saturday morning, but even then the temperature will be in the 50s for a high. Not too shabby!

The historic Victory Grill is found in east Austin & the Obama Store is directly across the street from it.





























No comments: