Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tagged...Random Musings


We all played this game as children. On the blogs, it is played this way: someone tags you, you talk, you tag six more people.

Random Musings:
1. Cold, dreary day. 39 degrees F. If I were a bit more north of here I’d say snow was eminent. SGG-H is playing in a Golf Channel Tournament along with about 91 other crazy people while I sit warm & toasty at Starbucks making “random musings”.
2. I am a transplant in this great state of Texas; going westward the vastness is breath taking. It is a state with mountains, deserts, gulf shores, piney woods areas, many sunny days, and a nice, ethnically diverse group of people. It is rich in history and once upon a time was a country unto itself… the Republic of Texas.
3. I have lived in two states (Georgia & Texas) and for a short time in Germany. An artist husband brought me to Texas & then to Germany. The marriage didn’t last (although the friendship has), but Texas has stuck. My second marriage to a Texan ended after 20+ years, we too are still friends. I am three-years married to another native Texan who is a wonderful person. We gel… we are both more mature and that enhances the relationship. He’s calm; I’m a bit more excitable; he keeps me centered, anchored.
4. The advent of the Internet has been an adventure for me. It interested me enough to get a master’s degree in planning educational activities for students using technology, it brought me my wonderful husband through Yahoo Personals (yahoo!), and the blogoshpere has opened up a totally new world where I get to meet people I would never had any contact with otherwise.
5. In my retirement my sweet husband & I have begun to travel even more than before my retirement. We have been to several Eastern European countries, France, Canada, New York, Colorado, and every lower U. S. state from California to Georgia plus South & North Carolina and Tennessee. We play golf as we travel except in Europe and I always take photographs.
6. I enjoy writing, taking photographs, and playing golf. The only problem is I don’t always have something to write about that may be interesting to others. I like the digital photography world … it makes deciding on which photographs to keep & which to discard much easier. I’m a new golfer (only 3 years) with a 25 handicap; I took it up because my husband is a golfer. He thinks that it is a bonus that I enjoy golf. I also love dogs and horses. I still have my dog, but my horse now belongs to a good friend of mine.

Well, that’s all folks… my six random musings.

Rules for this activity:write six random things, link to the person that tagged you, post the rules, and tag six more people.

The people I'm tagging today are:
Reyna
Susan
Miranda
Clay
Renee
Angela

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! So this is a game...I will participate!

-CLAY

Renee said...

Hey sweets, hope you had a nice weekend away. I love tag and hopefully I can play soon. xoxo

Love Renee

Rosaria Williams said...

What a wonderful life story. If you ever get to Oregon, you can visit me and play golf at Bandon Dunes, Scottish type setting on the Pacific.

It was wonderful getting to know more about you.

sixtyfivewhatnow.blogspot.com

The Pink Cowboy said...

Howdy from Dallas! I love your blog. Love your name is so fizzy, you knoe effervescent. :-)

Cheryl Cato said...

Thank you lakeviewer, Clay, & Renee. Clay, I'm very happy you will participate!
Renee, I look forward to the time you can play & I hope it will be soon. xoxo
Lakeviewer, Oregon is one of those states I hope to visit. It would be delightful to play golf with you. Thanks.

Cheryl Cato said...

Hello back at you Pink Cowboy! So glad you could visit. I've enjoyed your blog & will visit again. Thanks, neighbor!

Susan said...

Hi Lizzy, thank you for stopping by and for now I'm going to pass on the tag (at the risk of sounding or seeming no fun). I guess I'm not feeling very random in this moment ...
appreciate the invite however

cheers from the frigid coast of Nova Scotia